IBYSS ® TYPICAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
INSTALLING THE IBYSS ® REQUIRES WORKING WITH HAZARDOUS VOLTAGE THAT CAN RESULT IN
SERIOUS INJURY, DEATH OR EQUIPMENT DAMAGE.
DISCONNECT ALL LINES AND CHECK VOLTAGE PRIOR TO SERVICING OR INSTALLING EQUIPMENT.
ALL ELECTRICAL WORK SHOULD BE PERFORMED BY A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN.
- Inspect the IBYSS ® to make sure it was not damaged during shipment.
- Decide on a suitable mounting location for the IBYSS ®.
- Decide where you wish to locate the entry and exit points in the IBYSS ® enclosure.
ACI recommends the leads be brought into the bottom of the enclosure.
*Wire sizes must be in accordance with the National Electrical Code and/or local electrical codes.
- Drill or punch holes in the enclosure for the conduit connectors. Remove all foreign material, created during punching or drilling holes, from the enclosure.
- Mount the IBYSS ® enclosure.
- Mount the conduit. Run the 12 wires and make proper connections per ACI schematic.
|3 leads â€“ from power source
||3 leads â€“ to the motor
|3 leads â€“ from the output of the VFD
||3 leads â€“ to the input of the VFD
- Verify all connections are in the proper locations and all connections are secure.
- Close and lock IBYSS ® enclosure door.
Note: With the panel mount disconnect style handle assembly, the IBYSS ® handle and switch must
be in the "OFF" position to open and / or close the enclosure door.
- Verify Operation
- IBYSS ® "DRIVE" Position
Rotate IBYSS ® handle clockwise from "OFF" position to the "DRIVE" position.
You have now provided power to the VFD and connected the VFD to the motor.
- IBYSS ® "LINE" (Bypass) Position
To bypass the VFD, rotate the IBYSS ® switch handle counter clockwise from the "DRIVE" position, through the "OFF" position, to the "LINE" position. When the handle is in the "LINE" position, the motor will run at full speed / full power.
- Starter Control (with the IBYSS ® handle in the "LINE" position)
To START the motor, press the "LINE START" pushbutton.
To STOP the motor, press the "LINE STOP" pushbutton.
Caution: You must press the "STOP" button before rotating the handle from the "LINE" position.
- Direct Control with Motor Overload
Set the motor overload to the Full Load Amps shown on the motor nameplate.
When the IBYSS ® handle is rotated to the "LINE" position, the motor immediately starts.
To STOP the motor, rotate the IBYSS ® handle clockwise to the "OFF" position.
Note: If the motor does not operate in the "LINE" position the overload relay may have tripped.
To locate the overload relay, rotate the IBYSS ® handle from "LINE" to "OFF" and open the enclosure door. Overload relay is in the lower left corner. To reset overload press the red button, then press the black button. Close the enclosure door and rotate the handle from "OFF" to "LINE". If the motor does not start consult a qualified electrician to diagnose the system.
- IBYSS ® "TEST" Position
This position is used to set up the VFD parameters without operating the motor. Rotate the IBYSS ® handle clockwise from the "OFF" position through "DRIVE" to "TEST". This allows power to the VFD input but no power to the motor. After you have set the VFD parameters, rotate the IBYSS ® handle counter clockwise from the "TEST" position to the "DRIVE" position.
Note: The normal operating position of the IBYSS ® is the "DRIVE" position.
The "DRIVE" position allows full control of the motor by the VFD.